Your voice matters, and John fights hard to make sure Washington hears you loud and clear.Volunteer with John
- Happy 4th of July! John B. Larson
- Vietnam Veterans from West Hartford Honored - We-Ha | West Hartford News One of the best parts of my job is honoring veterans.
U.S. Rep. John B. Larson honored 34 Vietnam veterans on Flag Day, including two from West Hartford. By Ronni Newton Two men from West Hartford were among 34 Vietnam ... John B. Larson
- War With Iran Might Be More Costly Than Trump Thinks #NoWarWithIran - we can't enter into another senseless war with no strategy. https://time.com/5614488/iran-spy-drone-hormuz-strait/
Iran is out-gunned by the U.S. but has a network of allies and proxies that could make American interests pay John B. Larson
- UConn icon, St. Joseph basketball coach Jim Calhoun to be honored at ESPYS as ‘Best... Congratulations to Coach Calhoun!! Well deserved recognition! https://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-jim-calhoun-espys-best-coach-20190617-tdrabmo5gbafzmftmjs3jgnffa-story.html
On July 10, ESPN will recognize Calhoun as “Best Coach" at its annual ESPYS award show. The honor, according to the show’s executive producer, is awarded to someone who represents “the epitome ... John B. Larson
- Augie and Ray’s: A tradition in East Hartford for 73 years Happy Birthday Augie & Ray's! My favorite place to grab a hot dog! https://www.journalinquirer.com/living/augie-and-ray-s-a-tradition-in-east-hartford-for/article_f2d67476-7c9d-11e9-b0bc-23d322a24195.html
EAST HARTFORD — For 73 years, Augie and Ray’s Drive-in and Milk Bar has been a landmark for East Hartford casual eats. John B. Larson
- Larson To Introduce Bill Expanding National Service Opportunities | CT News Junkie ACTION for National Service will help students pay for their educations and encourage the expansion of programs like AmeriCorps that greatly help our local communities! https://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archives/entry/20190529_larson_to_introduce_bill_expanding_national_service_opportunities/
HARTFORD, CT — The late President John F. Kennedy would have been 102 years ... John B. Larson
- Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis The #SECUREAct will expand retirement saving options and help small businesses! Proud that my provision to help volunteer firefighters was included! https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congress/house-passes-bill-to-help-workers-with-retirement-savings/2019/05/23/1d3ab428-7d7c-11e9-b1f3-b233fe5811ef_story.html?utm_term=.fd5eca07bcef
Breaking news and analysis on politics, business, world national news, entertainment more. In-depth DC, Virginia, Maryland news coverage ... John B. Larson
- This bill could extend Social Security's solvency for the rest of this century. Here's what... Social Security isn't an entitlement, it's the insurance you've paid for. That's why I'm working to strengthen it for everyone!
Social Security will face a funding shortfall if nothing is done to change the system by 2035. At that point, ... John B. Larson
- Happy #Pride! Love is love! John B. Larson
- East Catholic nun marks half a century of serving kids I’ve known Sister Peggy since we were kids growing up in Mayberry Village.
Congratulations on celebrating 50 years!
Sister Peggy Evans marks half a century of service at East Catholic High School. Friends says she has touched the lives of ... John B. Larson
John B. Larson
- The Real Story — Rep. John Larson ICYMI: I was on The Real Story this past weekend discussing the #MuellerReport and #SocialSecurity
Congressman John Larson reacts to the first news about the Mueller Report (A.G. Bob Barr's summary of the principal conclusions of the report), and to ... John B. Larson
- Supporters in Connecticut say proposal to cut federal funding for Special Olympics is ‘like a... Betsy DeVos’s proposed cuts to the #SpecialOlympics are heartless. They will not become a reality.
"Cutting funding for the Special Olympics, a program that does so much good for the 272,000 kids it helps across the country, including many in ... John B. Larson
- Family receives soldier’s medals 68 years after his death in Korea Being able to help people in #CT01 is one of the best parts of my job. Glad we were able to honor the memory of Army Sgt. Howard Flavell Jr.
Thank you for Reading! On your next view you will ... John B. Larson
- On Social Security, Democrats Have The Courage Of Their Convictions. Republicans? Not So Much My #SocialSecurity proposal will protect the program for future generations and enhance benefits. #ExpandSocialSecurity
True bipartisanship means enacting what both Republican and Democratic voters want. Here, there is overwhelming unanimity. 87% of Democrats, 73% of Independents and 51% of Republicans ... John B. Larson
- Vindication for Trump? Not so fast, says Connecticut congressional delegation on the Mueller report The American public deserves to see the full #MuellerReport
Despite being contradicted by Special Counsel Robert Mueller in his now-closed investigation, which found no evidence of Russian collusion by the Trump campaign, members of Connecticut’s all-Democrat congressional delegation say they ... John B. Larson
- Sweeping changes to campaign, ethics, election laws gain approval Proud to have helped lead the effort the lay the groundwork for this monumental reform. We’re putting the political power back in the people’s hands!
WASHINGTON - On a party line vote, House Democrats on Friday approved sweeping changes to ... John B. Larson
- #TBT to then Senator Obama’s visit to Hartford! John B. Larson
- John Larson: Remembering Edward Zigler, a true visionary Ed Zigler was a dear friend and mentor. I’m honored to have been able to know him.
Here was the nation’s preeminent leader on child development, the father of the Head Start program. My initial impression, that he had the ... John B. Larson
- Expanding Social Security so no retiree lives in poverty #SocialSecurity isn’t an entitlement, it’s the insurance YOU paid for. Let’s make sure it’s around for future generations.
Rep. John Larson (D-CT), Chairman of the Social Security Subcommittee, joins Alex Witt to talk about his new social security proposal. Social ... John B. Larson
- This new Social Security bill could make Social Security even better Millions of Americans rely on #SocialSecurity. There’s nothing like it out there. It’s time to expand it! #ExpandSocialSecurity
It raises enough new revenue to more than restore long-run balance. John B. Larson
- Courtney, Larson Again Champion Medicare Buy-In Bill | CT News Junkie #MedicareBuyIn would boldly transform our health care system, lower the costs of health care, and lower prescription drug prices.
WASHINGTON — Representatives Joe Courtney and John Larson joined other Democrats Wednesday to once again introduce legislation that would allow older ... John B. Larson
- I joined activists in Hartford today to protest the President’s National Emergency declaration. It’s not a national emergency. We should be working on solving real national emergencies like our gun violence epidemic and climate change. John B. Larson
- Democrats Push Plan to Increase Social Security Benefits and Solvency Social Security is a bedrock program for millions, including seniors, people with disabilities, and children and spouses who have lost a loved one.
House Democrats are working to make the expansion of #SocialSecurity a reality.
More than 200 members of ... John B. Larson
- House Democrats Unveil Social Security Expansion Bill With Unprecedented Support Social Security isn’t an entitlement it is the insurance you’ve paid for, that’s why I’m working to expand it! #ExpandSocialSecurity
Rep. John Larson believes his plan to increase benefits will pass the House. John B. Larson
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s words still ring true today. Take a moment and pause to remember this great man who was taken from us far too soon. #MLKDay John B. Larson
John B. Larson
Whether you’re marching in DC or Hartford, or elsewhere in the country, thank you for your efforts and using your voice to stand up and fight! I stand with you today and every day.
#WomensMarch John B. Larson