Your voice matters, and John fights hard to make sure Washington hears you loud and clear.Volunteer with John
- I joined activists in Hartford today to protest the President’s National Emergency declaration. It’s not a national emergency. We should be working on solving real national emergencies like our gun violence epidemic and climate change. John B. Larson
- Democrats Push Plan to Increase Social Security Benefits and Solvency Social Security is a bedrock program for millions, including seniors, people with disabilities, and children and spouses who have lost a loved one.
House Democrats are working to make the expansion of #SocialSecurity a reality.
More than 200 members of ... John B. Larson
- House Democrats Unveil Social Security Expansion Bill With Unprecedented Support Social Security isn’t an entitlement it is the insurance you’ve paid for, that’s why I’m working to expand it! #ExpandSocialSecurity
Rep. John Larson believes his plan to increase benefits will pass the House. John B. Larson
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s words still ring true today. Take a moment and pause to remember this great man who was taken from us far too soon. #MLKDay John B. Larson
John B. Larson
Whether you’re marching in DC or Hartford, or elsewhere in the country, thank you for your efforts and using your voice to stand up and fight! I stand with you today and every day.
#WomensMarch John B. Larson
- The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts This shutdown is harming our country.
A wall is not an effective form of border security.
Senate Republicans need to end this political messaging battle immediately and join us in voting to reopen the government!
The longest shutdown, by the ... John B. Larson
- For American workers, 4 key retirement issues to watch in 2019 | Produced by Advertising... Social Security is essential for millions of seniors. It is time we expand it!
A look at crucial retirement policy topics to watch in the year ahead. John B. Larson
- No paychecks, missed inspections and delayed mortgages as government shutdown takes its toll in Connecticut... This shutdown is ridiculous. Families and workers are suffering because of a political messaging battle.
Experts across the country have said a wall is not the answer! House Democrats have passed a solution, it’s time for the Republicans to join ... John B. Larson
- Democrats Tell Ryan on Guns: “We’re Not Going Away” (Roll Call) #TBT - And we’re still not going away.
With a Democratic majority, gun violence prevention measures will finally get a vote!
The stalemate between Republicans and Democrats in the House over gun control persists despite a private Tuesday night meeting ... John B. Larson
- Conservative health care experiment leads to thousands losing coverage Republicans are playing political games with people’s lives. Stand with us as we work to fight these dangerous measures!
"I have pre-existing conditions. But all they could tell me was, 'sorry, you didn’t comply,'" said one Arkansan who lost coverage. John B. Larson
- Republican tax cut made me richer and kept working Americans stagnant With my good friend Rep. Richie Neal taking the lead, we’re going to put forward a tax plan that’s fair for ALL Americans!
The US tax code now gives corporations a tax cut for moving jobs and factories overseas, so ... John B. Larson
John B. Larson
Thank you #CT01 for allowing me to represent you in Washington for another term!
I’m ready to continue working for you! John B. Larson
- Happy New Year! Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2019! John B. Larson
John B. Larson
- First Night Hartford 2019 | Hartford, Connecticut USA Looking for New Year’s plans? Check out First Night in Hartford #HartfordHasIt
First Night Hartford 2019 the day includes two spectacular fireworks shows in Bushnell Park as well as over a dozen events throughout Hartford. John B. Larson
- Merry Christmas to all those celebrating! John B. Larson
- Wishing everyone a happy holiday season! John B. Larson
- Neighborhood park planned for crucial parcel on Hartford's Albany Avenue - Hartford Courant This is a great development for the North End of Hartford! #HartfordHasIt
Once a bustling police substation and recreation center for teens, a city-owned parcel on a prominent stretch of Albany Avenue is now envisioned as a neighborhood park replete ... John B. Larson
- West Hartford Teen Collecting Luggage For Foster Children - Hartford Courant Great work Dylan! What a great story of giving back!
They currently have around 300 pieces of luggage ready to be donated through the Connecticut Department of Children and Families. John B. Larson
- Enrollments strong in Conn as Obamacare signup deadline looms REMINDER: Access Health CT open enrollment continues in CT through January 15th for coverage starting February 1st and is not impacted by the recent court decision #GetCoveredCT
The deadline for signing up for insurance on Connecticut’s Affordable Care Act’s marketplace ... John B. Larson
- The Trump administration unveils a stealth attack on people with preexisting conditions The attacks on American’s health care keep on coming from the Republicans. In January, WE WILL strengthen protections for patients!
Trump administration officials apparently are prepared to go to their graves insisting that they did everything possible to protect Americans ... John B. Larson
- December 16: First Connecticut Stretch of Interstate 84 Opens 57 years ago this week the first stretch of I-84 in Connecticut was opened to the public. A lot has changed in 57 years and it’s high time we modernize our infrastructure to fit the needs of today’s economy. Let’s ... John B. Larson
John B. Larson
WASHINGTON – The House of Representatives this afternoon handily passed a bill with language that requires CMS to stop applying competitive bidding pricing ... John B. Larson
- Connecticut elected officials condemn Texas’ judge ruling that Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional This is a cruel attack on millions of Americans who have gained cover-age under the Affordable Care Act. Democrats will stop this!
NEW HAVEN - Connecticut elected officials condemned a decision by a Texas judge that threw the future of ... John B. Larson
- Hundreds of homeless receive foot care, new boots at annual boot distribution in Hartford Bravo! Thank you Footwear with Care for all the work that you do!
Through the local nonprofit Footwear with Care, about 300 men, women and children received new boots at Christ Church Cathedral Saturday morning. John B. Larson
- Class S: Bloomfield beats Haddam-Killingworth 25-7 to win first state title since 2015 Congratulations to the #Bloomfield Warhawks on their Class S State Championship win!
Ky'Juon Butler rushed for 149 yards, one touchdown and made nine tackles on defense in the win. John B. Larson
- The Hartford Convention – Today in History: December 15 | ConnecticutHistory.org Just over 200 years ago today, the #Hartford Convention began at CT Old State House. Thankfully, those rumors of succession never came to fruition! Many thanks to the folks at the Old State House for keeping the stories and history ... John B. Larson
John B. Larson
Then, take action. It’s time for change. #HonorWithAction John B. Larson
- #TBT to visiting Pratt & Whitney during my State Senate days! Manufacturing is the backbone of CT, I’m still supporting these jobs and their continued growth! John B. Larson