Your voice matters, and John fights hard to make sure Washington hears you loud and clear.Volunteer with John
- Larson To Introduce Bill Expanding National Service Opportunities | CT News Junkie ACTION for National Service will help students pay for their educations and encourage the expansion of programs like AmeriCorps that greatly help our local communities! https://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archives/entry/20190529_larson_to_introduce_bill_expanding_national_service_opportunities/
HARTFORD, CT — The late President John F. Kennedy would have been 102 years ... John B. Larson
- Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis The #SECUREAct will expand retirement saving options and help small businesses! Proud that my provision to help volunteer firefighters was included! https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congress/house-passes-bill-to-help-workers-with-retirement-savings/2019/05/23/1d3ab428-7d7c-11e9-b1f3-b233fe5811ef_story.html?utm_term=.fd5eca07bcef
Breaking news and analysis on politics, business, world national news, entertainment more. In-depth DC, Virginia, Maryland news coverage ... John B. Larson
- This bill could extend Social Security's solvency for the rest of this century. Here's what... Social Security isn't an entitlement, it's the insurance you've paid for. That's why I'm working to strengthen it for everyone!
Social Security will face a funding shortfall if nothing is done to change the system by 2035. At that point, ... John B. Larson
- Happy #Pride! Love is love! John B. Larson
- East Catholic nun marks half a century of serving kids I’ve known Sister Peggy since we were kids growing up in Mayberry Village.
Congratulations on celebrating 50 years!
Sister Peggy Evans marks half a century of service at East Catholic High School. Friends says she has touched the lives of ... John B. Larson
John B. Larson
- The Real Story — Rep. John Larson ICYMI: I was on The Real Story this past weekend discussing the #MuellerReport and #SocialSecurity
Congressman John Larson reacts to the first news about the Mueller Report (A.G. Bob Barr's summary of the principal conclusions of the report), and to ... John B. Larson
- Supporters in Connecticut say proposal to cut federal funding for Special Olympics is ‘like a... Betsy DeVos’s proposed cuts to the #SpecialOlympics are heartless. They will not become a reality.
"Cutting funding for the Special Olympics, a program that does so much good for the 272,000 kids it helps across the country, including many in ... John B. Larson
- Family receives soldier’s medals 68 years after his death in Korea Being able to help people in #CT01 is one of the best parts of my job. Glad we were able to honor the memory of Army Sgt. Howard Flavell Jr.
Thank you for Reading! On your next view you will ... John B. Larson
- On Social Security, Democrats Have The Courage Of Their Convictions. Republicans? Not So Much My #SocialSecurity proposal will protect the program for future generations and enhance benefits. #ExpandSocialSecurity
True bipartisanship means enacting what both Republican and Democratic voters want. Here, there is overwhelming unanimity. 87% of Democrats, 73% of Independents and 51% of Republicans ... John B. Larson
- Vindication for Trump? Not so fast, says Connecticut congressional delegation on the Mueller report The American public deserves to see the full #MuellerReport
Despite being contradicted by Special Counsel Robert Mueller in his now-closed investigation, which found no evidence of Russian collusion by the Trump campaign, members of Connecticut’s all-Democrat congressional delegation say they ... John B. Larson
- Sweeping changes to campaign, ethics, election laws gain approval Proud to have helped lead the effort the lay the groundwork for this monumental reform. We’re putting the political power back in the people’s hands!
WASHINGTON - On a party line vote, House Democrats on Friday approved sweeping changes to ... John B. Larson
- #TBT to then Senator Obama’s visit to Hartford! John B. Larson
- John Larson: Remembering Edward Zigler, a true visionary Ed Zigler was a dear friend and mentor. I’m honored to have been able to know him.
Here was the nation’s preeminent leader on child development, the father of the Head Start program. My initial impression, that he had the ... John B. Larson
- Expanding Social Security so no retiree lives in poverty #SocialSecurity isn’t an entitlement, it’s the insurance YOU paid for. Let’s make sure it’s around for future generations.
Rep. John Larson (D-CT), Chairman of the Social Security Subcommittee, joins Alex Witt to talk about his new social security proposal. Social ... John B. Larson
- This new Social Security bill could make Social Security even better Millions of Americans rely on #SocialSecurity. There’s nothing like it out there. It’s time to expand it! #ExpandSocialSecurity
It raises enough new revenue to more than restore long-run balance. John B. Larson
- Courtney, Larson Again Champion Medicare Buy-In Bill | CT News Junkie #MedicareBuyIn would boldly transform our health care system, lower the costs of health care, and lower prescription drug prices.
WASHINGTON — Representatives Joe Courtney and John Larson joined other Democrats Wednesday to once again introduce legislation that would allow older ... John B. Larson
- I joined activists in Hartford today to protest the President’s National Emergency declaration. It’s not a national emergency. We should be working on solving real national emergencies like our gun violence epidemic and climate change. John B. Larson
- Democrats Push Plan to Increase Social Security Benefits and Solvency Social Security is a bedrock program for millions, including seniors, people with disabilities, and children and spouses who have lost a loved one.
House Democrats are working to make the expansion of #SocialSecurity a reality.
More than 200 members of ... John B. Larson
- House Democrats Unveil Social Security Expansion Bill With Unprecedented Support Social Security isn’t an entitlement it is the insurance you’ve paid for, that’s why I’m working to expand it! #ExpandSocialSecurity
Rep. John Larson believes his plan to increase benefits will pass the House. John B. Larson
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s words still ring true today. Take a moment and pause to remember this great man who was taken from us far too soon. #MLKDay John B. Larson
John B. Larson
Whether you’re marching in DC or Hartford, or elsewhere in the country, thank you for your efforts and using your voice to stand up and fight! I stand with you today and every day.
#WomensMarch John B. Larson
- The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts This shutdown is harming our country.
A wall is not an effective form of border security.
Senate Republicans need to end this political messaging battle immediately and join us in voting to reopen the government!
The longest shutdown, by the ... John B. Larson
- For American workers, 4 key retirement issues to watch in 2019 | Produced by Advertising... Social Security is essential for millions of seniors. It is time we expand it!
A look at crucial retirement policy topics to watch in the year ahead. John B. Larson
- No paychecks, missed inspections and delayed mortgages as government shutdown takes its toll in Connecticut... This shutdown is ridiculous. Families and workers are suffering because of a political messaging battle.
Experts across the country have said a wall is not the answer! House Democrats have passed a solution, it’s time for the Republicans to join ... John B. Larson
- Democrats Tell Ryan on Guns: “We’re Not Going Away” (Roll Call) #TBT - And we’re still not going away.
With a Democratic majority, gun violence prevention measures will finally get a vote!
The stalemate between Republicans and Democrats in the House over gun control persists despite a private Tuesday night meeting ... John B. Larson
- Conservative health care experiment leads to thousands losing coverage Republicans are playing political games with people’s lives. Stand with us as we work to fight these dangerous measures!
"I have pre-existing conditions. But all they could tell me was, 'sorry, you didn’t comply,'" said one Arkansan who lost coverage. John B. Larson